“It Was A 45-Second Conversation” | Michael Irvin Sues Woman Accusing Him Of Misconduct For $100M

Michael Irvin was looking forward to his media duties in Glendale, Arizona, during this year’s Super Bowl LVII until it was abruptly cut before the game even began. The Playmaker was out, and he allegedly interacted with a woman on his way to his hotel room on Sunday night. That encounter led to his dismissal from scheduled activities with the NFL Network after a complaint was made with the hotel.

According to TMZ, Irving has filed a $100 million lawsuit against the woman who accused the NFL legend of misconduct, alleging he’s being “railroaded” with false accusations that are ruining his career.

Why Was Michael Irvin Dropped From NFL Network Super Bowl Coverage?

“Michael Irvin will not be part of NFL Network’s Super Bowl LVII week coverage,” NFL Network Vice President of Communications Alex Riethmiller said to the media.

How did the reasons behind Irvin’s media ban actually make its way to the public arena? Michael Irvin himself.

A video of him dropping numerous F-bombs while talking to people in what appears to be a bar is on Twitter. The people listening at some point all laugh.


The Playmaker’s Bad Play?

Now Irving needs clarification as to why he was dropped from his broadcast opportunities during the biggest week of the NFL year for a conversation. Irving told various media outlets that the interaction with the woman lasted seconds, 45 to 60, but he didn’t remember even meeting her.

“Honestly, I’m a bit baffled with it all,” Irvin said to the Dallas Morning News. “This all happened in a 45-second conversation in the lobby. When I got back after going out, I came into the lobby, and I talked to somebody. I talked to this girl. I don’t know her, and I talked to her for about 45 seconds.

“We shook hands. Then, I left. … That’s all I know. I don’t really recall that conversation, to tell you the truth,” Irvin said. “We were out drinking. It was just a friendly conversation. ‘What’s up?’ I don’t even know. … I am totally perplexed. That’s honestly all that happened. Nobody was in my room. It was a 45-second conversation in the lobby, a handshake and we left. … I don’t know. I don’t know what this is, and it’s running me crazy.”

Irving elaborated more on his confusion and how he was unceremoniously dismissed.

Keep It Moving

“Sunday night, when I came into the hotel, they asked what I did, and I said, ‘I just went straight to the room,'” Irvin said during 105.3 The FAN’s “Shan & RJ” show. “But I guess I had met somebody in the lobby. Talked to somebody in the lobby for about a minute, and then I went to my room. And then, after I got up there, they said they had to move me in the hotel.

“I said, ‘I didn’t talk to anybody. I went straight to the room.’ And then they showed it on camera that I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute. I don’t know what — they didn’t show it to me. They told it to me. I didn’t see it. I guess the girl said I said something to her within that minute that we talked, and so they moved me.”

Irving appeared during the NFL Network’s Monday Super Bowl opening night coverage. Glendale, Arizona, police did not receive any reports about any incident involving Irvin, per The Associated Press. The three-time Super Bowl champion has been with the NFL Network since 2009 and is a staple on ESPN programs like “First Take.”

There is no update on who the accuser is or what she claims Irvin did, but the NFL Network did not want any smoke.

Back to top