Philly Man Catches Babies Out Of Burning Building, Shades Agholor In The Process

Philadelphia Eagles’ wide receiver Nelson Agholor couldn’t catch two passes during Sunday’s homes loss to the Lions but caught a lot of heat from a Philly man turned hero.

CBS 3 Philly reports that resident Hakim Laws told reporters he was walking along the 1200 block of North 52nd Street when he saw flames shooting out of the building’s second-floor around 2 a.m.

The former firefighter says he joined first responders and helped get residents out one by one, but not before he took a dig at Agholor.

“I see a guy hanging out the window screaming that his kids were in there,” Laws recounts. “My man just started throwing babies out… and we were catching them, unlike Agholor and all his mishaps.”

 

That man was Nadir Darby.

“I looked out my window, I just see a bunch of smoke coming from below… like shooting up,” Darby said. “I woke everybody up. My kid went to the door to try to get out and smoke rushed up the steps so the only way out was through the window. Once they got the ladders up it was only a matter of getting everyone out.”

According to authorities, an air conditioning unit sparked the flames. The front of the building was badly charred.

Officials say 10 people were displaced, two people were taken to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and one person was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Safe to say Eagles fans neither forgive nor forget.

Tabie is your friendly neighborhood transplant, currently attempting to live out the big New York dream. During my free time, I like to write stories and short essays. I also use this expensive thing I bought called a camera. I capture moments and the beautiful people I encounter. I live by the motto "collaboration over competition" because why waste energy bringing someone down when we can rise together. Manhattanville College Alum.