fbpx

Former Student Accuses 3 Members Of MSU’s 2015 Basketball Team Of Rape

Michigan State hoops has had a rocky year. 

Tom Izzo’s vaunted program was caught up in allegations of improper benefits when Yahoo! Sports dropped a story linking current player Miles Bridges and his mother, Cynthia, to the sweeping, ongoing FBI investigation that uncovered fraud, bribery, and corruption in college basketball.

While the FBI was preparing to drop bombs shells, psychopath Larry Nassar was on trial for using Michigan State University Medical Center as his code of credibility, enabling him to prey on over 160 innocent girls with impunity. 

Now the MSU hoops program and the university is being accused of covering up instances of sexual assault on the campus. Tom Izzo and MSU have been able to weather the storm so far, but the kettle is heating up and everyone at the University has to start taking these accusations about MSU’s predatorial environment more seriously.  

According to ESPN reports, “A female student says Michigan State subjected her to a “hostile educational environment,” failed to advise her of her rights and did not offer adequate resources for help after she told counselors in 2015 that three Spartans basketball players had raped her.

The allegations are made in a lawsuit filed Monday in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan that also states the woman suffered severe emotional distress and had to temporarily withdraw from classes, change her major, seek psychiatric help and constantly fear running into the three men on campus as a result of the incident and the school’s failure to properly respond.

Law360 on Twitter

Title IX suit claims MSU discouraged reporting rape: https://t.co/V9KGqeIPr4

Neither the woman, who is a current student, nor the three players, who are no longer at the school, are named in the lawsuit. Her attorney said the players are not being named because the focus of the lawsuit is “with the way she was treated by the university.”

The attorney, Karen Truszkowski, told Outside the Lines that her client has not reported the incident to police, but, “I cannot say that she’s not ever going to report it.”

 Thats code for she wants to get proper financial compensation and an apology for her horrific ordeal. If that goes smoothly then she will keep the names of the athletes private. If the university talks any funny business or challenges her in any way, she will drop names and drop bombs.

The student says said she filed the lawsuit with the hope that it would encourage more women to come forward with the assault and to send a message to the university.

“I don’t want a girl who’s a senior in high school right now, with her whole life ahead of her, to have to go through the same thing I did,” she said.

The woman’s lawsuit states that “MSU has fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults when those assaults are perpetrated by male athletes, thus protecting the university, the male athletics programs, and the male athletes at the expense of the female victims.” 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close