Dez Bryant might have got rough with his Moms. That's almost unthinkable — doesn't even matter if his mother was Monique's character in Precious. That alleged incident and other troubles got Dez put on punishment by Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. The new, draconian conduct guidelines that Bryant agreed to (and new reports say he practically encouraged) include:
• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;
• No drinking alcohol.
• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
To make matters worse for Dez, salary cap rules prevent Dallas from paying for his security detail, so Dez has to eat that bill, too. Talk about punitive. That's like a parent ordering a kid to pay for tutoring (out of their allowance) after the child screwed around in school all year.
No tears for Dez here at TSL, though. His behavior puts himself in jeopardy, which puts the Cowboys' product and brand in jeopardy. So, come up off that cash, homie.