The 2019 College Football Hall of Fame class might be one of the most legendary groups ever assembled.
For the Hall’s 150th anniversary this year, they went big, honoring some of the greatest college, and professional, players of all time. The list, consisting of 13 All-American players and two coaches, is complete with star power, iconic nicknames and memorable performances. Here’s the complete roster:
- Terrell Buckley – DB, Florida State (1989-91)
- Rickey Dixon – DB, Oklahoma (1984-87)
- London Fletcher – LB, John Carroll [OH] (1995-97)
- Jacob Green – DL, Texas A&M (1977-79)
- Torry Holt – WR, North Carolina State (1995-98)
- Raghib Ismail – KR/WR, Notre Dame (1988-90)
- Darren McFadden – RB, Arkansas (2005-07)
- Jake Plummer – QB, Arizona State (1993-96)
- Troy Polamalu – DB, Southern California (1999-2002)
- Joe Thomas – OL, Wisconsin (2003-06)
- Lorenzo White – RB, Michigan State (1984-87)
- Patrick Willis – LB, Mississippi (2003-06)
- Vince Young – QB, Texas (2003-05)
The coaches include:
- Dennis Erickson – 179-96-1 (65.0%); Idaho (1982-85, 2006), Wyoming (1986), Washington State (1987-88), Miami [FL] (1989-94), Oregon State (1999-2002), Arizona State (2007-11)
- Joe Taylor– 233-96-4 (70.6%); Howard (1983), Virginia Union (1984-91), Hampton (1992-2007), Florida A&M (2008-12)
“We are extremely proud to announce the 2019 College Football Hall of Fame Class,” stated Archie Manning, National Football Foundation Chairman (NFF) and College Football Hall of Famer (’89). “Each of these men has established himself among the absolute best to have ever played or coached the game, and we look forward to immortalizing their incredible accomplishments. The Class will be part of a momentous year as we celebrate the 150th anniversary of college football this season.”
These are Super Bowl winners, dynamic players, game closers and leaders. The won in the biggest games on the biggest stages. They dominated on the sidelines and at HBCU schools and universities and they are national champions.
The list also includes a name that was always “looked up to” when it appeared at a college game. We’re referring to the legendary Goodyear Blimp, which was named as an honorary member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
The honorees will be inducted on December 10th, 2019 at the 62nd NFF Annual Awards Dinner at the New York Hilton Midtown.
Congratulations to all of the honorees and thanks for giving college football fans some of the greatest moments and memories in history.