Cormier gets a rematch with Stipe Miocic next, but the fight everyone wants is a rematch with Jon Jones.
UFC President Dana White revealed that his most prized heavyweight, Brock Lesnar, has retired from MMA.
“Brock Lesnar told me he’s done,” White said to ESPN. “He’s retiring.”
Cormier publicly declared last year that Brock Lesnar would be his dream fight.
Ironically, according to TMZ Sports, a rep for the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) confirmed Lesnar has been in the testing pool, and submitted nine samples over the past year.
Lesnar submitted two tests in 2019 — once in the 1st quarter (January through March) and at least once in April.
USADA confirms Lesnar was tested once between April 1 and April 18. They would not disclose the results of his recent tests, however, Lesnar has had problems with USADA in the past.
He tested positive for the banned substance clomiphene after his UFC 200 victory over Mark Hunt. That victory was later overturned and Lesnar was suspended for a year.
Reports are that the rematch between Cormier and Stipe Miocic is being finalized for a pay-per-view event on Aug. 17 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.
TMZ Sports caught Cormier before the announcement and he confirmed that he would like a rematch with Jon Jones at light heavyweight.
“I will definitely give (Jon Jones) a rematch 100%, sign on the bottom line” Cormier said.
“I want to fight Jones at 205, because that’s where he beat me. I think me and Jon are on the same wave length with this and we are never on the same wave length, we don’t agree on anything.”
With Cormier looking to retire soon, it may be a duo of grudge matches that finalize his legacy.