This week our friends at HBCU Gameday give you their top 10 teams in HBCU Football.
1. North Carolina A&T (6-1, 4-0): A&T came out of the gate slow against Howard at homecoming last week before coming away with a blowout 65-14 win. FAMU should be another easy win.
2. Grambling (6-2, 6-0): Grambling is off this week after taking care of business with a 49-14 win over Mississippi Valley at its homecoming.
3. Alcorn State (4-2, 3-1): Alcorn State will be looking to redeem itself after its loss to Grambling two weeks ago.
4. Bethune-Cookman (5-2, 4-1): With just one loss in the conference, BCU is still very much alive in the MEAC race.
5. South Carolina State (4-3, 2-1): Hampton poses more of a threat than Howard and DSU, but SCSU should be able to stay in the MEAC title race.
6. Prairie View (4-2, 3-1): The SWAC’s surprise team gets a gimmie against UAPB this week.
7. Southern (4-3, 3-1): Southern got back in the winners circle against Texas Southern last week, but gets a rise in competition when it plays Alcorn State in a remach of last year’s SWAC Championship.
8. North Carolina Central (4-3, 3-1): NCCU’s win over Morgan State was a big one, but an upset-minded Norfolk State team could but its championship dreams in danger.
9. Hampton (4-4, 2-2): Last week’s setback to William and Mary ended Hampton’s two-game winning streak, but this week HU could play spoiler for SC State.
10. Morgan State (3-3, 3-2): After two straight losses, the best thing Morgan State can do is regroup during its bye week and hope loses by other teams turn out to benefit them as much this year as it did in 2014.