As we are approaching the next installment of Black Enterprise’s Golf and Tennis Challenge, which will take place in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Aug. 28 to Aug. 31, we bring you a 10 facts about one of our performers, Jeffrey Osborne.
1. Osborne is the lead singer for the group L.T.D. (Love, Togetherness, and Devotion).
2. Osborne received the 2014 New England Pell Award for Artistic Excellence from Providence (Rhode Island)’s Trinity Repertory Company in honor of his artistic achievements and philanthropic work in Rhode Island.
3. He is the youngest of 12 children.
4. His brother, Billy, was also a member of L.T.D.
5. He appeared on the Michael Jackson-helmed, USA for Africa’s fundraising single, “We Are the World” in 1985.
6. His father, Clarence “Legs” Osborne, was a popular trumpeter who played with Lionel Hampton, Count Basie and Duke Ellington.
Read More at Black Enterprise