Heat Check Gaming’s Juan “Hotshot” Gonzalez capped off Week 9 by setting the new NBA 2K League single-game scoring record. In an 86-71 victory over the 76ers GC, the No. 7 overall draft pick notched up 54 points, five rebounds and six assists for his hometown team. Currently, Hotshot and his team are on a three-game winning streaking, creating the perfect push for a strong playoff run.
In addition to this record-breaking moment, here are other important Week 9 moments:
– Blazer5 Gaming’s Dayne “OneWildWalnut” Downey made history when he became the first NBA 2K League player to have a 30-point, 20-rebound game.
– Making his coaching debut in the league, Magic Gaming’s Devin “DevGoss” Gossett guided his team to a hard-fought 69-66 victory over Pacers Gaming.
– Aaron “Game6Drake” Rookwood of Bucks Gaming registered 26 points and 17 assists in a clutch 84-83 victory over Wizards District Gaming.
– Grizz Gaming’s Mehyar “AuthenticAfrican” Ahmed-Hassan tallied 33 points and 13 assists in an important victory over Mavs Gaming.
– Pistons GT’s Ramo “Let’s Get It Ramo” Radoncic logged a double-double with 19 points and 16 rebounds in a 75-6 victory over Knicks Gaming.
Up next will be the NBA 2K League Showcase, a tournament featuring professional NBA 2K League players and influencers such as 7-time NBA Champion Robert Horry, former NBA Champion Brian Scalabrine, Ronnie2k and A$AP Twelvyy.
HEAT Check Gaming on Twitter
NBA 2K League record Huge 15 point victory We think we had a pretty good weekend… https://t.co/No0Puz1Tal