Today, the Pistons released the first half of the club’s 2020-21 regular-season schedule. The team’s schedule was revealed through a minute-long video paying homage to the NBA’s sneaker culture by displaying each matchup through the lens of renowned sneakers worn during past matchups.
Examples of 2020-21 Pistons game and the corresponding sneaker matchup include:
(Detroit Pistons vs. Golden State Warriors, December 29)
- Dennis Rodman / Reebok vs. Larry Bird / Converse
(Detroit Pistons vs. Boston Celtics, January 1 and January 3))
- Blake Griffin / Jordan vs. Giannis Antetokounmpo / Nike
(Detroit Pistons at Milwaukee Bucks, January 4 and January 6)
- Bill Laimbeer/ Converse vs. Karl Malone / Apex
(Detroit Pistons at Utah Jazz, January 10 and February 2)
- Chauncey Billups / Adidas vs. Dwyane Wade / Li Ning
(Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat, January 16 and January 18)
- Ben Wallace / AND1 vs. Shaquille O’ Neal / Reebok
(Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic, February 21 and February 23)
- Richard Hamilton / Jordan vs. Vince Carter / Nike
(Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors, March 2)
Additionally, the Pistons are working with Detroit-based artist Eric “El Cappy” Lowry to design a custom pair of 313-themed sneaker that will be given away to one lucky fan.
The Detroit Pistons will begin the 2020-21 campaign at Minnesota on Wednesday, December 23 (8:00 p.m. EST), followed by a return to Little Caesars Arena for their home opener on Saturday, December 26 (7:00 p.m. EST) against Cleveland.