It appears as if America’s most lauded and profitable college football conference is taking the lead in reopening sports during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Southeastern Conference has voted to allow athletes to return to campuses at the discretion of each university beginning on June 8th, under the strict supervision of designated university personnel and safety guidelines developed by each institution
According to ESPN, we know what the University of Florida is doing:
- Student-athletes begin their return to campus on June 8.
- The return will occur in multiple phases over several weeks.
- Football players will begin physicals and coronavirus testing on May 26.
- All student-athletes must be tested for coronavirus before the start of physical activity on campus.
- Student-athletes will be screened daily with a temperature check & health questionnaire.